Thursday, March 17, 2016

Finding out



I kept saying that I was going to have a baby in two-three years. Well, guess what?! Fate had it otherwise. I found out I was pregnant in May 2015, May 1st to be exact. I took like 5 pregnancy tests!! Because one, two, three, and four weren't enough for me. I told my boyfriend that I still wasn't going to believe it until I got blood work done. Deep down inside I knew
it was true. I was pregnant and I needed to be ready for a change. My life was not just about me anymore. It was not going to be drinking and dancing on the weekends. It was not going to be spontaneous getaways with my boyfriend or shopping sprees for myself. I now had to think about caring for my baby. This was a lot for me to take in. I felt ready but at the same time nervous. So many changes to come.

I remember being so emotional that night not only because I found out that I was pregnant, but because my grandmother had passed away. My mother's mom had been sick for quite some time and she passed away that night. I remember talking to my mom over the phone and feeling so sad for two reasons. One, for knowing that my mom was going through a tough time because she had just lost her mother. And second, because I could not tell her what I had found out. I could not tell her that I was going to have a baby. How could I tell her when she was mourning her mother's death? I knew I had to let some time go by before I could say something. My grandmother lived in Mexico and my mom had been there looking after her for several weeks before she passed away. So, next morning I got on a plane with my aunt to go pay my respects and to accompany my mom and help her with anything she needed at my grandmother's funeral. I regret not going to visit my grandmother often because I realized that life is too short to not spend it with the ones you love and appreciate. We are always so busy studying, working, or just worrying about how to pay bills etc., that we forget how short life really is and we don't take the time to really enjoy what we have. Money and materialistic things are not going with you when you die, so take some time to enjoy your family and be grateful for everything you have because tomorrow is really not promised.--RIP Grandma

Sorry for getting a little too personal and showing my emotional side, but this is me! I'm emotional, sensitive and just a bit of everything...and I'm like that when I'm NOT pregnant. LOL Could you imagine how emotional I got when I was pregnant?!? .... Back to my story... We finally told our family and friends towards the end of May and everyone was shocked!! My boyfriend is always joking around with everyone and everyone thought he was joking. I had to confirm it for them to believe it! Nonetheless, everyone was so excited and happy for us. Now my baby is 2 months old and I have decided to be a stay at home mom. I really love being a mom!!! I've always loved kids and took care of my sister's kids like my own, but now I have my own baby and you never really know what love is until you have a baby. A mother's love is the best kind of love there is! It truly is unconditional and now I understand a lot of what my mom use to say to me. It just all makes sense now. I know this might sound cheesy, but my life really does feel complete now.

No comments:

Post a Comment