Thursday, March 10, 2016

Maternity Pic Tips

Blissful Moments 

The best part of being pregnant was feeling my baby grow inside of me!! I never thought it would be such a surreal feeling.  As a first time mom, I wanted to keep track of everything! When I found out I was pregnant I went to Barnes and Noble to buy all types of informative books on pregnancy and babies.  I bought myself a pregnancy diary and ideally I wanted to keep track of my belly week by week.  The problem with this was that I was
just too tired and most of the time I did not feel like myself.  I did take some pictures with my phone, but there were few that I liked. The one thing that I did want to do was take a good set of professional maternity pictures.  This was a little difficult for me at the time because I was on a tight budget.  I asked around and got quotes on them and let me tell you, these pictures can get pricey! What I found out is that they can run anywhere from $250-$650 (depending on what you want). I was lucky enough to have a friend that gave me a good price and I was so happy with my pictures.  I do wish I had more belly shots and probably a change of outfits, but I did everything last minute because I did not give myself enough time to arrange an appointment before I popped. This is why planning for the pictures is important.

If you're going to take professional pictures I definitely recommend you to save, save, save.  You will have about 8 months to save for a professional session, so save as much as you can if you are planning to get fancy professional pictures.  I know they are totally not necessary at all, because you can take some pictures with your own phone and print them but if you're like me and hate the way you take your own pictures then do your research and find someone that has your style at an affordable price that suits your budget. I found out after my pregnancy that JC Penny has good specials sometimes.  I paid $99.00 plus tax for my baby's first month (approx 25) digital pictures because I had a Groupon deal. So if you are interested in some indoor good quality pictures look for some deals on Groupon.


"Take my hand, we'll make it I swear" - Bon Jovi

  3 Tips for arranging a photo session:
  • Make sure you have an idea of what kind of type of scenery you want. For example, indoor or outdoor, by the water, in a park etc... This way you can tell the photographer exactly what you want. 
  • Give yourself plenty of time to pick out your outfit(s) to match the scenery you chose. This way you don't go shopping last minute (like I did) and you do not stress yourself out. 
  • And last, but not least...Have fun when taking your pictures!!! These are precious moments that you want to capture in these pictures so you want to look as natural as possible.   

No comments:

Post a Comment