Monday, June 27, 2016

This is 30!



I recently turned 30! Yes, I am 30!! I use to think this was old, but I feel like my life has just begun.  I do not feel old at all. My life feels a bit surreal. I still can not believe I am a mom and I have a lot to be grateful for.


I might not be where I would have imagined I would be, but I am definitely exactly where I want to be.  When I was younger, I had a plan, or at least I thought I did.  Needless to say,
nothing went as I planned (lol).  I thought I was going to graduate college by 24, married by 25, buy a house and then have the kids, everything in that order (hahaha). I DID graduate college with a Bachelors Degree in Accounting.  So, at least I got that part right, the rest might be done all backwards, but honestly I do not care because I couldn't be happier.



I love being a mother! I never imagined motherhood would make me feel so complete (I know, it sounds cliche, but I really do feel complete). From the beginning of my pregnancy I felt the unconditional love you feel for your child and I finally really understand everything my mother did for my siblings and I.  It's like all of a sudden now I know that my mother was always right.  You know that saying that "mom always knows best".....well yes, my mom always knew and still knows what is best for me.  Now, I feel like I have to know what is best for my daughter and I am doing the best I can to be as good as my mom was to me.  




My whole life revolves around my daughter and for her well being. I no longer feel the need to spend my money on myself (lol most of my shopping is baby gear or baby clothes) or go out clubbing with friends. While most of my friends are out on the weekends, I am home cuddling with my little bundle of joy and I am absolutely fine with this.  I thought I would miss these outings, but I just can't see myself going out without my baby (at least not yet).  I'm sure I will go out eventually and have a few drinks with my girlfriends again, but until then I'm enjoying my nights with my baby. 

My fun days are the days that I get together with my family and get all the kids together.  I never knew how much my parents valued watching us grow together until now. I want this for my daughter and I want her to be as family oriented as I am.   My family means the world to me because they have always been there for me and we have always been so united. My sister and my cousin had baby girls around the same time I had mine, so we try to arrange as many family events as possible to have the girls together.  It's so cute having them all together.  I hope they have the same bond we have. 


Cousins/BFF's 


My Dirty Thirty has been plenty of dirty diaper changes, hugs, kisses, cuddles, and lots of love with my baby girl.  I have my small little family of my own now.  I can not see myself without them.  I know I still have a lot to learn about motherhood, but it has been an amazing experience so far.  It really makes you appreciate things more and fills your home with pure love. 





I definitely think Carrie got it right! 

Carrie Bradshaw- Sex in the City









No comments:

Post a Comment